Tuesday 2 April 2013

garden daydreams


Well, I survived my first day back at work. 

After ten days at home with very little social interaction I found it strange to be back at work around lots of people, all heavily into their 'banter'. I'm getting worse as I get older, Allsy is a bit of a hermit and I've found I'm getting the same. I've tried my best today though, I've smiled and laughed a lot, despite me feeling like I wanted to go back home and get into bed so hopefully people don't think I'm too much of a miserable bugger. 

Come the end of end of the day though I couldn't wait to get home, I feel so safe and happy here with Allsy and Bootsy Cat, it took a long time for me to settle in but now it really does feel like home.

Anyway, so here I am, my cheeks sore from all the smiling I've been doing all day, snuggled up in bed with Bootsy and it's still light outside.


(Sorry for the naff quality of the photo by the way, it was taken on my laptop.)

So to cheer myself up I have been day dreaming (a lot) about how I'd like the garden to look this year...

Image via here

...I would like it to be jam packed full of beautiful plants like foxgloves and delphiniums and I'd like them to be so tall I could get lost in them.

Image via here

...I would like lots of grasses intermingling with my flowers and I want to hear them gently blowing in the breeze. 

Image via here

...I love white flowers and I would love a whole sea of them so that I can pick loads to go in vases to scatter all around the house.

Image via here

...I want great clouds of cow parsley and towering stalks of fennel.

Image via here

...I want yet more cow parsley just because I love it so.

Image via here

...I want flowers that smell delicious.

Image via here

...I want the pla to elegantly sweep and collapse over the paths and lawn.



Image via here

...I want a little wildflower meadow.


Image via here

...and finally I want a seat that I can sit upon and admire the view (the pretty blanket and chocolate wouldn't go amiss either).



No comments:

Post a Comment